Aside from the security that we have built into the app, we do offer some more options to let you secure your information and documents.
- Always be careful to keep your username, password, passcodes etc secure and secret from others.
- Consider using a unique password as opposed to reusing the password from other accounts, and never share your password.
- Remember, electronic signatures are considered legally binding, so never allow anyone to access your signature
As an extra layer of security, you can add a 4-digit passcode on your account to ensure no one can sign a document without your passcode. In order to activate it:
- Open the app Menu, then select Settings
- Tap Security, then switch Passcode to On
Once your passcode is set, you will be asked to enter your passcode anytime you try to complete a document.
Note that your passcode is stored on your device, so if you forget your passcode we are unable to reset it. You will need to reinstall the SignEasy app and re-enable your passcode.
As a final layer of security, we always recommend that you secure your device with using the built-in security features. iOS offers security options like passcodes or fingerprint authentication to unlock the device. To ensure that your information and documents are kept as safe as possible, consider utilizing some of these features for added peace of mind.