SignEasy allows you to add fields to your signature requests, marking the specific signing locations to make it easy for signers to fill out a document and get it back to you without missing anything! Note the document fields are required in order to allow your signer to use a mobile device to sign the document, without document fields they'll need to sign from a computer.
How do I turn on Fields for my signature request?
- Open the Request Signature Workflow by either selecting Start Signing > Request Signature to import a document, or by hovering over a previously imported document and clicking Request Signature.
- Fill out the signers for your signature request, adding any necessary signing order or optional messages
- Click Add Fields to open the Fields preparation options
How do I add a field to my document?
- Click the desired field from the right-hand options (click, not drag)
- Click again on the document to place the field in the desired location.
- Once placed, you can modify the size of the field by clicking and dragging the corners.
- Click on a field to adjust the options for that specific field, assign a specific signer, make it optional/required, or change the format (for date fields)
- Click Send in the upper right corner to send the signature request. You cannot edit the fields after sending, so be sure everything is setup and double-checked!
How do Fields work for my signer?
- When a signer opens a document with assigned fields, they’ll be guided through the fields to fill
- There will be a summary at the top of the page listing the fields remaining to be signed, and they can use the arrows to navigate through
- They will only see the fields that are assigned to them, so there won’t be any confusion
- Note that each signer must have at least one assigned field
- Signers will not be able to finalize the document until all required fields are filled in
- All signers will have a specific colour coding assigned, making it easier for you to differentiate during field placement