There are 3 primary purchase routes on the Admin page: Web app, Android, and iTunes. Each of them has a unique indicator on the Admin page, and slightly different steps for processing refunds, cancellations, etc.
The primary indicator will be in the Transaction Type and Client OS field. The Client OS Type field under the Transaction details will always show the purchase OS. Note:
- Any changes to an account made on the Admin dashboard will always show ‘iOS’ in the Client OS field.
- Account downgrades due to subscription cancellation will always show ‘iOS’ in the Client OS field.
- If the Client OS field says ‘iOS’ and the Transaction Type says ‘Downgrade’ or ‘admin’ this does not indicate an iOS purchase
- If the Transaction Type says ‘Coupon Volume’ and the Receipt Comment field has a code in the ‘SEV_XXXXXXX’ format, that indicates a team purchase member. For now just leave those for Jon to handle.
Web app Purchases on the Admin page
Web app purchases are processed through Stripe and have entries in both the Receipt Comment and Purchase Order ID fields
- Receipt Comment will always follow the ‘sub_XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX’ format (combination of letters and numbers)
- Purchase OrderID will always follow the ‘WC_XXXXXXXXXXXXX’ format (all numerical digits)
- Web app subscriptions can be canceled by the user in their app dashboard (click Profile in the upper right corner, then Account), or on our end through Stripe
- Web app purchases can be refunded completely or partially on our end through Stripe
Android Purchase on the Admin page
Android purchases are processed through the Google Play Store and have entries in both the Receipt Comment and Purchase Order ID fields.
- Receipt Comment will always follow the format of a lengthy (2 lines) series of letters and numbers
- Purchase OrderID will always follow the format of ‘GPA.XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXXX’ (17 numerical digits)
- Android subscriptions can be canceled by the user in their Google Play Store account, or by us in the Android Developer Console
- Android Purchases can be refunded by us through the Android Developer Console (only full, not partial)
iOS Purchases on the Admin page
iOS purchases are processed through the Apple App Store, and only have entries in the Receipt Comment section.
- Receipt Comment will always follow the ‘XXXXXXXXXXXXXX’ format (14 numerical digits)
- Purchase OrderID will be blank
- iOS subscriptions can only be canceled by the customer through their own iTunes account
- We cannot process any type of refund or credit, that can only be processed by Apple